28 Nov Greek salad an internet star
We have noticed that many food consumers are now reviewing their habits and choosing healthier foods. It turned out that such a simple and affordable dish as Greek salad came out in the top!
It turned out that Greek salad this year appears more often than other dishes in photos on Facebook and Instagram.
As always, it is often ordered in restaurants and takeaway, as well as prepared at home. No wonder, because it is made up of simple ingredients, including tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, olives, topped with a slice of feta cheese and generously seasoned with olive oil. A colorful and healthy salad is the best choice of healthy food, especially now, in the era of COVID-19. It is also low-calorie, which is important in our sedentary time. This healthy dish is only 360 calories per average serving.
The variety of colors of Greek salad reflects the variety of vitamins and minerals that the dish boasts. They protect our body from pathogens and viruses. And olive oil is not the first thousand years is a huge benefit to the health of mankind.
Greek salad contains:
- Red tomatoes rich in lycopene, which acts against inflammatory lung diseases, neurological and bone diseases, as well as potassium and vitamin C;
- Green cucumber with flavonoids, carotenoids, folic acid and vitamins B and K;
- Onions, which belong to the white/brown vegetable family, are a good source of vitamin C and phenolic compounds;
- Olives and olive oil provide important antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties, and contain essential monounsaturated fatty acids;
- Feta cheese is a great addition to the nutritional value of vegetables, rich in protein, calcium and phosphorus, which are important for bones and muscles.